[K12OSN] Open Office Docs opening in AbiWord

Shane Stafford staffords at glenburn.net
Tue Jul 13 19:19:19 UTC 2004

>.doc is a M$ file format.  Openofficd default is .sxw, which would only
>open in OO.o
>It seems you have set OO.o to save to .doc, but you have abi set as the
>default app to open the same.

thanks, we knew .doc was Microsoft, but at this point we do encourage Open
Office users to save in .doc format to allow them to better interact with
outside (and some insider users) that still use Word.  What surprised us
was that when you click on a document in LTSP 3.X it opened in OOffice,
now it opens in AbiWord.  I'm assuming that AbiWord didn't exist in 3.X.

I was wondering how abi got set as the default app.  In other words,  why
when clicking on a .doc file created by Open Office, open in Abi  and not
Open Office. Don't see our folks using much Abi, so I just un-installed it.

thanks
Shane