[K12OSN] newbie trouble booting thin clients

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Jul 13 20:23:47 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 14:55, Will Hatch wrote:
> Thanks for the tip on the universal boot floppy.  This is what I need, since I have an assortment of potential thin clients with different nic cards.  My problem is I can't seem to make these boot floppys.  I downloaded the file to my home, I open it up, I read the readme file... it says "under Linux: cp ebnet522.dsk /dev/fd0"
>
> so, when I type in my terminal window "cp ennet522.dsk /dev/fd0" it says "cp: cannot stat `ebnet522.dsk': No such file or directory"
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Does an 'ls -l' in the terminal window show that the file is there and
that you have access?  Sounds like you either spelled it wrong or you
aren't in the same directory.  Did you actually unzip or extract the
file or are you reading the Readme.txt through nautilus and it's
integrated viewer?

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com