[K12OSN] VNC change in 4.01???

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Jul 14 15:15:09 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 17:35, Shane Stafford wrote:
> actually two questions.
>
> 1) are there iso for K12 LTSP 4.02 posted somewhere?

My test builds are available, but not the final release. Since 4.0.2
is just a minor update, it is on the back-burner while I work on 4.1.0

ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/4.0.2test/iso/

> 2) my VNC viewer is no longer working.   Did something change with 4.0.1.

Nope, not changes to vnc. It works fine on all of the 4.0 & 4.1 boxes
I have access to.

> I haven't made any changes to network and suddenly I can't connect to the
> server.
> Using XP or Win2000 same response, can't connect to server.  It pings fine.
>
> any ideas, thanks

The only ideas that jump to mind are:

1) xinetd is not running
2) firewall is blocking vnc access

If xinetd is not running, terminals won't boot (required for tftp), so that
should be obvious.

If you are trying to reach the ltsp server from the external network,
make sure that tcp ports 5900-5909 are open.

-Eric