[K12OSN] VNCViewer and speed of refresh

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jul 14 19:54:12 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 14:36, Doug Simpson wrote:
> However, when you use VNC with linux, you can'e leave a session and return
> to it later like you can with Windows.  You get a new session exery time
> with linux. Unless there is something you can tell me that will allow me
> to get into the same session as one already running. . .

To allow vnc to connect to the x session running on the console you
can run x0rfbserver.  For a long-running background vnc session
you need to start vncserver yourself instead of letting xinetd start
a fresh session for every connection.  It will tell you the screen
number to use to connect when you start it and it will keep running
until you kill it.  There is some extra setup for passwords and
the kind of session to start.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com