[K12OSN] Commercial use of K12LTSP

Julius Szelagiewicz julius at turtle.com
Thu Jul 15 14:12:04 UTC 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Tom Brown wrote:
> >     Is there a group doing this for commercial, not educational uses,
> >just yet?
>
> LTSP ascended from a commercial project.
>
> http://www.ltsp.org/longstory.php
>
> Unique Systems Inc. has built a business around LTSP, custom software and
> services.
>
> http://www.uniqsys.com/

I don't know of a group per se, but I've been using K12ltsp in a
commercial environment for well over a year, with great success. Strange
thing is that the concerns and troubles I have are very much the same as
those experienced by the admins in schools - juvenile users. The biggest
difference is that kids are smarter and more willing to work with new /
different stuff than the adults are. julius