[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.1.0 beta 1

Jesse McDonnell jessemcdonnell at comcast.net
Sat Jul 17 14:32:44 UTC 2004

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 07:01:46 -0700 (PDT)
Eric Harrison <eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us> wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, Jesse McDonnell wrote:
>
> >Eric,
> >
> >Have you considered including Firefox in this release, possibly as an
> >alternate install option to mozilla? I had a look at the RPMs in the
> >testing directory and didn't see it there.
>
> I have considered adding firefox and have decided that it is likely
> to be a support headache for me. There are a large number of issues
> with packaging firefox, there is a huge thread on the fedora-devel
> list. I'll let them figure it out ;-)

Makes sense - it's not a show stopper. I wasn't aware of the packaging problems.

> I did add firefox to the apt/up2date/yum repository. If you want it,
> all you need to do is run: up2date -i firefox

Is this recent? I used to check regularly and eventually used the firefox installer at the mozilla site. It found my mozilla bookmarks okay but not the flash or java plugins.  I reinstalled flash but haven't yet had a great enough need to reinstall java and risk breaking something in doing so. Will the version in the repository find the original flash and java plugins or is that one of the packaging issues?

Thanks.

Jesse