[K12OSN] odd question..

Tony Hadfield tony.hadfield at baesystems.com
Sun Jul 18 14:19:05 UTC 2004

Hey Norbert,
This sounds like a really interesting project. I have been digging around on
the subject of clustering and have some useful links. Tha article here
http://openmosix.sourceforge.net/ltsp-omr4-1.html
<http://openmosix.sourceforge.net/ltsp-omr4-1.html>  is about combining
OpenMosix clustering with K12LTSP. Its worth a read although the version of
K12LTSP he used is quite old. His idea was to use the clients spare
processing cycles to create the cluster rather than build the cluster out of
dedicated server hardware (such as the rack mounted beast you intend to
build).
You will also probably find these useful:
http://openmosix.sourceforge.net/ <http://openmosix.sourceforge.net/>
http://www.techsburg.com/gentoo/docs/ltspdoc.html
<http://www.techsburg.com/gentoo/docs/ltspdoc.html>
http://www.lpmo.edu/~daniau/ltsp-mosix/
<http://www.lpmo.edu/~daniau/ltsp-mosix/>
http://autocluster.wustl.edu/ <http://autocluster.wustl.edu/>
And a links page at:
http://openmosix.sourceforge.net/community.html
<http://openmosix.sourceforge.net/community.html>
Good luck and please keep us posted / let us know what you did.

Tony