[K12OSN] dual Xeon and FC1

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon Jul 19 15:53:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 08:00, Doug Simpson wrote:

> Funny thing happens sometimes on these lists. . .
>
> Ask a question and get washed away with answers that completely contradict
> themselves or one another . . .

Different hardware, different answers....  I'm not sure anyone really
understood the crashing problem except that it was a race condition
between CPU's during mount/unmount operations.  My machines aren't
running the automounter so they might not crash even if they had the
timing problem.

> Now the question. . .
>
> FC1K12LTSP and dual Xeons with 12BG RAM. . .
> Dell Poweredge 2600, 4 SCSI 73GB hard drives in a RAID 5 array - 3+1
> Dual NICs
>
> Will it work or not?

Unless someone has that exact box they probably can't answer, especially
since you didn't mention the raid controller or NIC hardware.  You
should do a 'yum update' after the install in any case and it might
be even better to start with FC2.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com