[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.1.0 beta 1 updates

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Jul 19 23:30:49 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 14:44, Matthew Ross wrote:
> Probelsm I've been having so far:
>
> Minor:
> rhgb doesn't always work. Have seen it work, then next reboot it locks
> up the system. I have no idea why.

I don't see anything in RedHat's bugzilla on this one.

> Default Gnome icons change from BlueCurve to something much more generic.

No bugzilla hits on this one either.

Are you sure you are using the Bluecurve theme?  Preferences -> Theme

> Major:
> Network card dies. I get a console message about a 'screaming interupt'
> on IRQ 11, which is my Gigabit card.

Bugzilla has a couple hits on this one. Have you tried booting with
"acpi=off" ? That seems to be the most common suggestion.

>  This brings up the question (which
> I'm going to find out via trail and error shortly)... Can I replace a
> network card in a linux box, and keep the same network settings as the
> previous card? Do I need to reconfigure anything if my replacement card
> is of a diffrent type? I know Fedora will autoconfigure the card for me,
> but will I have to make any LTSP level changes?

I have not tried this with FC2, but I have done it many times in the past.
On bootup, kudzu will see the new card & ask if you want to migrate your
old settings. (pick yes, obviously ;-)

-Eric