[K12OSN] News from Mandrake...

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Thu Jul 22 17:15:57 UTC 2004

I wanted info so I e-mailed them... VERY prompt reply...kudos to HP...

--Huck

<QUOTE>

Hi Huck,

Thank you for your interest. Like all new HP product lines, the
Multi-user 441 desktop solution was launched in a limited, specific
geography - in this case, South Africa - with plans to expand
distribution more broadly according to demand and market potential.  We
will introduce the 441 in other geographies as quickly as possible, and
with a commitment to ensuring the superior total customer experience
expected by HP customers worldwide.

As a result, we only have price available for the South Africa market. A
straight currency translation (which is not always accurate) put the
anticipated price at $400US/seat which includes support and software.

I appreciate you taking the time to enquire about the Multi-user 441
desktop solution, as each expression of interest builds momentum for a
global launch.

Cheri Voisine
Alliance Manager for External Partnerships
Emerging Market Solutions
Hewlett-Packard Company
650-857-7251 tel
415-722-5493 mobile