[ok-mail] Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.01 and Fedora progress report

John Hansknecht jhansknecht at hanstech.com
Thu Jul 22 17:33:05 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 08:45 am, Terrell Prude', Jr. wrote:
> Here it is.  Pretty simple, actually.  I added a line to the bottom of
> .sversionrc and tweaked /usr/bin/ooffice.  Here are the files
> post-editing.  I included the original /usr/bin/ooffice as "ooffice.bak"
> for those who want to diff against the original (recommended).

Hi Terrell,

I am in the process of setting up a new K12LTSP server and want to take
advantage of your work here. I have the files...looks simple. But what I
don't understand is do I:
Option 1) remove the RedHat 1.0.2 version that came installed, install the
current version from openoffice.org and then copy the ooffice script in to
/usr/bin
Option2) or do I leave 1.0.2 alone, install the current version into a new
directory and then install the edited office script.

And...if I use Option 2 do I need to also edit any desktop shortcuts to point
to the new version of OpenOffice.

--

Thanks,

John

 system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.
                - Mattrol at uscom.com (Drakmere)