[K12OSN] Mail Server

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Jul 23 15:10:00 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 09:45, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> Here is the tutorial that I used to set this up:
> http://www.linuxhelp.ca/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=3647
> I am running WBEL 3.0 and have been up for about a month without any
> problems.  Here are some links for all of the configs referenced in the
> tutorial:

Personally I recommend Sendmail/MimeDefang/SpamAssassin/ClamAV because
MimeDefang connects through the sendmail 'milter' interface and is
able to tell sendmail to reject a message at the SMTP level based
on its content.  This makes it someone else's problem to deal with
returning a rejection notice and in the case of viruses will usually
avoid it entirely.  Some of the other approaches require you to
accept a message before being able to scan it.  The design is also
very efficient because it doesn't have to start a new program
for every message.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com