[K12OSN] Re: internet content filtering

dale.quigg at aspentech.com dale.quigg at aspentech.com
Tue Jul 27 15:46:08 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 06:56, Will Hatch wrote:
> After looking into content filtering a little bit, it seems to me that it
> is unlikely that I will have the necessary knowledge to install iptables,
> squidguard, and Dan's Guardian, by the time school starts.  It just
> seems too complicated for me at this point.  Is there a reasonably
> priced content filtering program that I could purchase and install via
> cd to my server that would get me through this year? I've seen several
> that either do not give pricing, or charge per machine.  Technically,
> I'd only be installing on ONE machine.  Any direction on this would
> be appreciated. Thanks! -Will

I'm using ClarkConnect (www.clarkconnect.com) for my firewall/filter.  For
$245, you can get ClarkConnect Office (perhaps you only need the
Professional for $220) which includes system monitoring, updates to the OS,
and updates to the blacklists for 3 years.  They have a helpful user
community and I've had good support from them.

Hope this helps.
Dale

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this email, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you
receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and
permanently delete the original copy and any copy of any e-mail, and any
printout thereof.