[K12OSN] howto temporary block badguy?

Jim Hays haysja at sages.us
Wed Jul 28 19:48:17 UTC 2004

Snort/Acid/Guardian.   The Guardian component is the one that blocks the
machine.  Snort logs the attack.  Acid makes the logs easier to read and
Guardian blocks the offender for 24 hours.

Read this article for more.

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesArticle/id-2532,subcat-NETWORKING.html

Read the blurb on Guardian.