[K12OSN] what tool to modify iptables?

sysadmin sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Thu Jul 29 07:27:06 UTC 2004

At 21:36 28/07/2004, you wrote:
>Sorry, I hajacked Mike's message previously; bad form.
>
>Noting that the /etc/sysconfig/iptables file says
>
># Firewall configuration written by redhat-config-securitylevel
># Manual customization of this file is not recommended.
>
>but that redhat-config-securitylevel is braindead in that it only allows
>you to specify services to be accessible instead of just showing you the
>existing config and allowing you to add/remove/modify ports (what were
>they thinking?) what are other folks using to modify their firewall?

I use guarddog ; there are better tools around but this is
what I use a home on my RH7.1 system, and based on this
experience, this was my choice for the RH9 & FC1 machines at work.
We've also got a smoothwall box.

Regards
Martin Woolley
ICT Support
Handsworth Grammar School

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation