[K12OSN] 2 Questions: X11VNC & Iptables

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Jul 30 13:14:40 UTC 2004

Try running redhat-config-securitylevel-tui.  This is the terminal-based
version of the tool for configuring the firewall.  It's ugly but it does
allow you to specify specific port numbers in addition to the standard
services, and it doesn't depend on any X libraries.  RH apparently
removed the 'Other ports' option in FC1 for reasons I can't fathom
(bangs head against the wall).

After you've run the above tool, you should have a iptables files in
/etc/sysconfig which you can look at to see what's going on.

Petre