[K12OSN] More File Permission problems

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Jul 30 13:42:20 UTC 2004

For some reason I am not receiving my own message out for File
Permissions so I am starting a new thread.

I found the umask command and issued umask 007 inside the directory in
question.  I then issued a umask to verify what the directory was set
at.  I then created a file with vi called test.  I issued a list -l and
found my permissions were now setting correctly as 0770.  But my .ldb
database file still sets as 0744.  Also if I drag a file over from a
Windows machine (via SMB) I also get the 0744 permissions.

Is there something special you have to do to get the umask to work with
SMB or am I screwed?

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188