[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.1.0 beta 1: last call for bug fixes!

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Fri Jul 30 14:38:53 UTC 2004

I finally got back to this.  Turns out is was bad hardware after all.
Although Knoppix worked, it started getting flaky and then stopped working
all together.  I replaced the card and everything seems good.  It's a slow
machine but anyway, it works.  Of course, it's just a single machine and
probably won't be much help finding any potential problems with the beta but
I'm happy to say it works great.

For the benefit of those considering this version for a production
environment, it really comes down to the level of risk you are willing to
live with.  If you need something that is better than 99.9% reliable, I
wouldn't use ANY beta product and if you have smp I'd probably go with 3.x
(if I had to do it now).  If you are willing to live with something that is
in the neighborhood of 98% reliable, then I would consider K12LTSP 4.1beta.
It's probaly going to work for you but you have to be willing to take that
small chance that it will not.  For me, for a lab, I'd say it is good
enough.  For a replacement for faculty/staff network, I'd wait a little
longer.

--
Henry