[K12OSN] Windows Term Server in rdesktop...sound?

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Thu Jul 1 20:35:08 UTC 2004

Ok...this is sorta' cool.  I loaded up a Win2K terminal server simply to
play around.  I wanted to try rdesktop and all.  My goal is to get away
from having to deploy images and to be able to simply use thin-clients no
matter what....in my eventual plan to become solely Linux....but I
digress....   Anyway....is it possible in Win2K or Win 2003 terminal
server to be able to get sound on the terminals via rdesktop running in
K12LTSP?  It would allow me to run a couple of *desired* kindergarten and
lower level programs like Storybook Weaver and so forth.  Is it possible
and if so...can you point me to how?  Setting up a Win 2003 server is no
problem because I have a school agreement and will ge tthe upgrade in a
week or so (once I renew *grumble*)

Also....any way to increase the color depth on the terminals
(rdesktop....Win2K server)  to something other than 256?  I do realize
that it will increase bandwidth, but I'd like to try it out.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us