[K12OSN] Nic's

"Terrell Prudé, Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sun Jul 4 23:56:15 UTC 2004

Les Finch wrote:

> Hi! Could the list help me, I have setup two single network card
> servers  which worked as per std. setup but now am setting up two
> network card  server. This loaded ok! but then found the onboard nic
> was faulty which I  disable in the bois and insert a new network card.
> I can get onto the  internet with the server the cliet gets its ip
> address ok starts loading  file then after a while says unable to load
> file.
>
> Any help! thanks  Les Finch

Sounds like a possible NFS issue.  Can you give us more details on the
error messages that you're seeing, and at which point in the boot
process?  Also, when you say that the client gets its IP address OK, do
you mean the EtherBoot/PXE DHCP request, or do you mean the one done
later by dhclient?

--TP