[K12OSN] Window Manager Question

sysadmin sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Mon Jul 5 09:35:05 UTC 2004

At 17:18 02/07/2004, you wrote:

>2) Once things "catch on" and more and more clients are added in the
>classrooms, I worry that eventually KDE/Gnome will start to be to bloated
>to keep my monster servers happy.

We run KDE and are very happy with it (mostly 'cus that was my choice when
I installed the boxes.  One of the really great things about Linux is that
you have a choice or to put it another way, you are in control.
So that if in the future, KDE7.4 becomes really bloated (which I very much
doubt), you can always install a nice slim KDE2.1 (for example). I might
fiddle with IceWM when I have some spare time (ha!) but my plan is to stick
with KDE.

Regards
Martin Woolley
ICT Support
Handsworth Grammar School

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation