[K12OSN] network card problems

Will Hatch fhkms at adelphia.net
Mon Jul 5 10:42:00 UTC 2004

Pantz,

Well, I rolled the dice that the original network card for my new server (Dell Dimension 4500s) was the root problem of my inability to get eth0 to work with my workstation booting problem.  I bought a network card like the new one I am using for eth1 and installed it.  Now, I can't activate it.  I'm wondering if I acted correctly when I booted it the first time and it was recognized as new hardware by the server.  When the progress bar was on the screen it seemed to be hung up, so I hit f12 and proceeded.  Anyhow, I really need to get xchat going on IRC to get some real help and to get this project moving.  Can you or anyone reading this give me step-by-step instructions on how to get xchat going.  Again, my internet connection over eth1 is working just fine, so I can download dirctly to the server. Incidently, I tried to use my dlink router to split the internet connection to a teacher who is content to stay with windows, and this causes my internet to not work.  It works !
just fine on the server when I connect the cable modem directly.  Any ideas on this problem.  Help!!!

-Will