[K12OSN] nfs problems, continued

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Jul 6 15:32:46 UTC 2004

Showing my age I suppose: Yes, I do remember when 40MB disks had to be split
into two partitions because DOS couldn't handle anything larger than 32MB.  I
believe, though I'm not certain, that it was 3.2 that allowed partitions bigger
than 32MB; but it had a number of bugs, which were fixed in 3.3 such that 3.3
became a standard recommendation.  4.0 came out, very buggy, 4.1 was arguably
better, but getting fatter.  It went downhill from there.

'Showing my age' means not only did I go through it, it's been so long I can't
remember the exact details. ;-)

Petre