[K12OSN] Installing K12LTSP to a SATA Hard Disk on the KT600/VT8237 Chipset

norbert bear2bar at netscape.net
Wed Jul 7 13:36:03 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've installed k12ltsp V4.0.1. on a P-IV 2.8 Ghz with  dual RAID SATA
drives. I did not have to load any other drivers nor make any changes.
The only notes ... are;
1) The BIOS ignored the SATA drives in the configuration when the
computer first booted and indicates that there are no drives attached
2) Simply ignore the BIOS message and proceed with the CD installation
it should work well.

NOTE don't try installing a cluster therte you'll have to patch the
kernel, (Mosix) to support SATA drives

good luck

norbert