[K12OSN] Poll: 4.02 vs. 4.1 alpha

Matthew Ross mross at esd165.org
Wed Jul 14 05:54:11 UTC 2004

I think Eric will have a beta out for our testing shortly. Being a beta,
it is not a final product. Make sure you consider that if you have to
deploy soon.

I will be taking the upcomming beta and install it into my mini-lab for
testing. I want to see how it ticks compared to 4.0.1. If it's not
ship-shape by the begining of our school year, I'll be redeploying 4.0.1
or 4.0.2, if it is avalible.

I read comments on the LTSP archives that they want to have LTSP 4 'out'
by the begining of August. Since we know K12LTSP 4.1 is going to depend
on LTSP 4, then K12LTSP 4.1 cannot be released until the new LTSP is no
longer beta.

My personal oppinion: Be prepared to install 4.0.1.

--Matt