[K12OSN] Installing K12LTSP question

Kristin Shoemaker kshoemaker at maldenpubliclibrary.org
Fri Jul 16 00:54:33 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I don't believe this has been asked before... Please forgive me if the question is a little ignorant, I am somewhat new to Linux.

I installed Fedora Core, and tried to install LTSP (not K12). I had a dickens of a time with it. Finally I started to really think about K12LTSP, and thought that in my case (public library) it might be the wiser way to go (bonus that it looks about a million times easier to configure. Installing wasn't the problem with LTSP). So I purchased the disks today.

Here's my question: Is there anything special I need to do to install k12LTSP in light of the fact that I already have Fedora Core 1 and LTSP on there? Should I rm -rf /etc/ltsp before installing k12ltsp? Should I just boot up with the K12LTSP disks and just start anew (there's literally nothing on the server, so it wouldn't be a big deal if I had to)?

thanks!
Kristin

Kristin Shoemaker
Reference/Systems Librarian