[K12OSN] New revision of Samba-LDAP how-to doc

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Fri Jul 16 03:39:43 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have posted a new revision of my Samba-LDAP how-to doc based on some
recent experiences loading (and reloading) my Samba/LDAP server.  You can
find it in various formats...here....

http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/Samba-LDAP.html

http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/Samba-LDAP-v2.pdf

http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/Samba-LDAP.sxw

http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/Samba-LDAP.doc

Now....I will be on vacation the next two weeks....I have an assignment
for all of you  :-)  I tried to merge the ACL and security stuff from
Derek Dresser's how to located at

http://network.gouldacademy.org/randomfiles/newSamba3LDAP.rtf

or

http://network.gouldacademy.org/randomfiles/newSamba3LDAP.pdf

I was unable to get it to work...had trouble getting the "security" ldif
stuff to "take".  (didn't spend too much time on it either)  If you can
get it to work...please detail the steps (very detailed) and merge them
into this document and give yourself credit....I'd like to add that part
and also get it to work on my own system.  Please....add feedback...make
changes...etc.  This document is also Open Source  :-)

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us