[K12OSN] dual Xeon and FC1

David Huckaby dhuckaby at paasda.org
Fri Jul 16 19:21:06 UTC 2004

Ram issue?
32 bit processors can only access 4 gigs of ram...
but I guess there is some 'bigmem kernel' that circumvents this somehow
and the said kernel is somewhat unstable from reports on this list anyway...

My dual xeon machine I ordered with just 4 gigs of RAM as I don't really
have the time between now and Aug. 9 to debug issues...I need my server
working pretty much outta the box with location specific configs...

--Huck