[K12OSN] using floppy drive

Will Hatch fhkms at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 16 19:25:38 UTC 2004

Thanks to everyone for the help; I have my server up and running and thanks to a universal boot floppy, I have a dozen thin clients working.

Now, I composed a test document in openoffice, at the laptop-thin client at my desk.  When I save it, it saves by default to my home directory.  On my desktop there is a icon for floppy access.  It seems simple; I can move documents from the home directory to the floppy and visa versa.  But I get a message at the bottom of the screen that says it can't connect to the floppy drive.  Can someone set the rookie straight? Thanks!