[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.1.0 beta 1 updates

Matthew Ross mross at esd165.org
Mon Jul 19 21:44:05 UTC 2004

Probelsm I've been having so far:

Minor:
rhgb doesn't always work. Have seen it work, then next reboot it locks
up the system. I have no idea why.
Default Gnome icons change from BlueCurve to something much more generic.

Major:
Network card dies. I get a console message about a 'screaming interupt'
on IRQ 11, which is my Gigabit card. This brings up the question (which
I'm going to find out via trail and error shortly)... Can I replace a
network card in a linux box, and keep the same network settings as the
previous card? Do I need to reconfigure anything if my replacement card
is of a diffrent type? I know Fedora will autoconfigure the card for me,
but will I have to make any LTSP level changes?

--Matt