[K12OSN] ppp0 failure

CORY CARTWRIGHT corycartwright at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 20 22:21:54 UTC 2004

Tony, are you sure than the new card came up?  Most likly the new card now became eth0 and the origanal became eth1.

hope this helps,

anthony baldwin <anthonybaldwin at snet.net> wrote:
TONY wrote:
> I added a second ethernet card because I wanted to network my PC with
> this iBook (not that I've the slightest idea how).
> Since adding the second card to the machine, I am unable to bring up
> ppp0 to connect to adsl.
> I ran adsl-setup again, and it is still setup up for eth0 (as it was
> before), so I can't figure why the second card would interfere, but I've
> changed nothing else.
> Am I stupid?
> Using 4.0.1 still.
>
> tony

Okay, removing the second card and rerunning adsl-setup returned
previous functionality.
All the same, I'm disappointed. I want to network this machine with my
iBook so I can share files, internet and printer.
I must be doing something wrong. I've never tried to do this kind of
thing before.
Where's there a how to? Most information I find seems to assume that I
know stuff that I don't already know.

tony

--
Anthony Baldwin