[K12OSN] I got it working, thanks, now about X configuration

Kristin Shoemaker kshoemaker at maldenpubliclibrary.org
Wed Jul 21 15:46:35 UTC 2004

Hi all,

With a trip out of the telecom room (I think I was getting some interference from other electronics down there) and a new hub, I managed to get my server to communicate and boot the client. No crashes. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

However, I am running a diamond multimedia with a Savage4 Pro chip video card in the client, and X doesn't seem to want to work with it. I've fiddled a little bit with changing the resolutions and such, and will continue to do so. Any suggestions to get this working?

Also, I have had it drilled into my head to never run as root. It is acceptable to run the server off my user account, isn't it? I don't like having root available to any one who walks by my keyboard.

thanks
Kristin

Kristin Shoemaker
Reference/Systems Librarian