[K12OSN] nut and APC UPS devices

Timothy Legge tlegge at rogers.com
Wed Jul 21 20:08:28 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 16:00, Lewis Holcroft wrote:
> I have installed nut but am having some config issues. I have reviewed
> the documentation and still can not get the deamon to start. I get a
> usage error. Does anyone use APC smart UPS units? If so could someone
> post an example  ups.conf file.

I used nut with an apc ups for a number of weeks and ran into a
problem.  Every 14 days that UPS would test the usb connection and the
server would shut down after a couple of minutes.  I switched to apcupsd
(http://www.apcupsd.com) and it has worked great (shortly after I
changed over we had power fluctuations during lightning storms and a
tractor that backed into a pole).

The documentation is great, even very good test procedures to ensure
that it works.  You may need some of the nut features, but I am happy
with apcupsd!

Tim