[K12OSN] K12LTSP & Novell Working, But 1 last thing

Gavin Spurgeon gsp at leighctc.kent.sch.uk
Thu Jul 22 13:33:50 UTC 2004

Hi All...

I have got my K12LTSP Server now 90% works authenticating to my Novell Netware 6 server, BUT
the only problem I seem to be having is with NDS users with all numbers in there username...

In the UK every student is given a candidate number witch is with them throughout the academic
lives.. we use this as there Login names...
The problem is that if I try to login 2 one of our Thin Clients as one of the students it fails...
but if I try to login with a user in the same context but with letters in the name, it works fine...

Has anyone seen this type of thing before ? or can anyone please point me in the correct
direction ?

Best Regards

Gavin Spurgeon
Assistant Systems Administrator