[K12OSN] K12LTSP & Novell Working, But 1 last thing

Guy Lessard glessard at coll-outao.qc.ca
Thu Jul 22 19:21:15 UTC 2004

Yes, i also had this problem. It is not related to LTSP nor Netware. It
is a RedHat thing. If K12LTSP was Debian based you would not have this
problem cause Debian accept to create local accounts (on the linux
server) with leading numbers as logon names.
This is what i did, i found the source code and lines to alter the
parsing of logon names to enable leading numbers, compiled the source
and Voila! Know K12LTSP accepts all number logon names.

To test this out, try creating a local unix account like:
adduser 1234
and see if it fails, if so its the same problem i encountered.