[K12OSN] floppy use

Will Hatch fhkms at adelphia.net
Sat Jul 24 10:28:53 UTC 2004

I discovered yesterday that the only floppy drive I can use on my newly installed k12 terminal-server setup is the one on the server.  I mounted the floppy on the server from a terminal window (it won't let me do it via graphical interface), and as I did this, a student who was logged onto a work station noticed the floppy icon appear on his desktop.  I suppose this could be handy in some cases, but I really need is for a student to be able to walk into the computer lab, insert his floppy into any workstation floppy drive, mount it, and use it. If I try to mount a floppy on a workstation as it stands, I get a  message saying it can't be done (from the terminal window or graphic interface. Could someone give me detailed instructions on how to do this?  Thanks