[K12OSN] Several Different Questions

Michael Elliott melliott at rpmhealthstop.org
Wed Jul 28 16:05:43 UTC 2004

Hello and thanks for reading.  I have a co

Part I:
There are only 4-6 people using my LTSP at a time.  I would like to
setup a very small Intranet Webserver on this machine since it already
has everything that one would need.  I have two static IP Addresses for
my LTSP Server - the LTSP Side is 192.168.0.208 and the LAN side for the
remainder of my network is 192.168.1.208.  From a machine on the LTSP
side (one of the terminals) I go to mozilla and enter the IP address
(either 192.168.0.208/192.168.1.208) and I get a message that the
connection is refused.  I try from one of the Windows machines on the
LAN Side and I get this page cannot be displayed.  I did place a htm
page inside of the var/www and var/www/html directories (Didn't know
which to use).  Another bit of info - I have webmin installed as well.
I can connect from the windows machine using a web browser to
192.168.1.208:10000.  Any ideas on what I should check?

Part IIa:
This relates to Part I.  I would like to use VNC to control the LTSP box
from my Windows 2000 workstation - long and complicated reason.  I am
not set on using VNC, but I would like to use something to access the
LTSP from my Win2000 workstation.

Part IIb:
Is there anything I can do to view Client Sessions?  I would like to be
able to log into the server and connect up to the client window to keep
me from running all over the building if a user was having trouble.

Part III:
When I was in college we would use Finger to see who was signed on at
that time.  When I try Finger on the LTSP - it only displays me and
maybe one other user.  What should I use to see who is currently logged
into the server?

Thanks for any advice and have a great day!
Mike