[K12OSN] RE: Linux vs Windows Site

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Jul 28 22:12:40 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 03:04:26PM -0700, Carl Keil wrote:
> I just found this site by following the sig from someone on this
> listserv.  I've hated M$ for years, and I'm still blown away by this
> compendium of information.  Love the categories/icons at the top, and it
> goes on and on....  Seems like a lot of fairly reputable sources too.
>
> http://www.lugod.org/microsoft/

PS - the best / most impressive ones are found by clicking the little
"WOW" star-with-"!" icon.

e.g.:
  DoS Attack May Tap Web Graphics Flaw
  Zombie PCs spew out 80% of spam
  New virus reads keys you type
  Worm crashes Coastguard computers
  AtStake CTO loses job after Microsoft report
  Slammer worm crashed Ohio nuke plant network

;)

Sadly, sometimes the news sites' URLs die after a while, so sometimes
the articles are hard to pull up.  However, I always include useful
summaries. :)

-bill!