[K12OSN] Linux vs Windows Site

sysadmin sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Thu Jul 29 07:46:45 UTC 2004

At 22:26 28/07/2004, you wrote:
>I just saw this page. http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/facts/ Some of the
>"facts" seemed to be skewed.  I am trying to convince someone that Windows
>is not the best OS for everything.  Does anyone have any comments?

Well I couldn't open reports "The Costs and Risks of Open Source"
and "Is Linux More Secure Than Windows?"; broken PDF files.
Censorship by M$?  I'd say the three points displayed (Responsiveness,
Thoroughness and Relative Security) illustrate how selective their research
is.  Kind of reminds me of when I drove a Yugo and these were officially
the safest cars on the road, because no one had died in them in the
measuring period.  They overlooked the fact that most Yugo's wouldn't go
fast enough to kill you and as the Balkans war was going on, the cars were
being pulled off the road because you couldn't get spares anymore (which is
why I retired mine).

Regards
Martin Woolley
ICT Support
Handsworth Grammar School

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation