[K12OSN] 2 Questions: X11VNC & Iptables

Michael Elliott melliott at rpmhealthstop.org
Thu Jul 29 20:00:10 UTC 2004

OK, I am trying something here.

I am trying to connect to my LTSP Clients, which have static IP
Addresses, using x11vnc.

At the prompt, I type in 'x11vnc ws111.ltsp.local:0.0'   I get a long
screen of text (which I can post if necessary) of settings and the
like.  At the bottom I get the following:
Xlib: connection to "ltsp.local:1.0" refused by server
Xlib:  No protocol specified
XOpenDisplay failed (ltsp.local:1.0)

I tried using the IP address as follows to connect:  'x11vnc
192.168.0.111:0' and I receive the same message.

I then tried using the VNC Viewer that comes with the K12LTSP and I type
in the IP Address and nothing happens - same goes for the workstation name.

Any ideas on what to try?  This may be related to the below as well.

Petre,
I tried to run the "redhat-config-securitylevel" when I typed this in
and ran it I made the appropriate changes.  However, when I exited I
noticed that just below the line where I typed:
redhat-config-securitylevel, there were two messages:
Xlib: connection to "ltsp.local:1.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified

When I try to start the GUI "Security Level" from within X, it asks for
the Password.  When I type it in, it adds the keys down next to the
clock, but the window never appears.  I feel like I might have a larger
issue here.  Any ideas?

Thanks everyone for all of the advice so far!
Mike