[K12OSN] firefox kiosk terminals - Thanks for all the help the last couple of weeks!

Tim Litwiller tim at litwiller.net
Sat Jul 31 04:07:21 UTC 2004

I have a modified browser.jar file  that turns off tool bar, takes away
the address bar, and takes away menu items that would let the user
change browser settings.

We are using this to lock the library terminal to just using the card
catalog web application that runs on another server.

If anyone is interested in trying this I would be happy to mail you a
copy or if there is enough interest I'll put it somewhere it can be
downloaded.

I figured out how to force a certain workstation to a certain ip address
in the dhcpd.conf and then with the autologin stuff from the wiki that
Dan Young pointed me at it is working very well.