[K12OSN] D Day

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Tue Jun 1 12:18:08 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 15:16, daniel.hunt at iibbank.ie wrote:
> Tomorrow, at 8:30, I will be talking to the computer teacher that I will be
> doing up the school network for. I, naturally, want K12 in there, a kick ass
> server will of course be easier to maintain than 45 clients, a server, plus
> a few extra possible clients throughout the school. Not to mention a
> firewall/proxy/AV crap.
>
> He's about 95% towards Windows at the moment, but I think he'll give me a
> chance to sway him over to Linux. Depending on how persuasive I am regarding
> this chageover, he may decide that Linux is for the best.
>
> Help me :o)
> I'll have about 10 minutes, probably less, actually, make it 5 mins :o), to
> convince him. Start typing lads and lassies :o)
Best of luck ;-)

That said it may be more productive to dig in to archives as I remember
at-least three threads in recent past on this issue.
OTH I was able to convince some one in business by showing him LTSP
P1-166 client running a CAD rendering at blazing speed thanks to the
server backend. It takes all kinds of approaches.
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux