[K12OSN] D Day

Calvin Park csitech at davisny.edu
Wed Jun 2 15:55:33 UTC 2004

> Perhaps we should compile a list of companies that are using Linux on
> the desktop. If we could illustrate and document that companies large
> and small are using Linux and switching to Linux on the desktop
> perhaps we could dispell that statement?
>
> Off the top of my head:
>
> * IBM - switching to 100% Linux on desktop in 2005? (anyone have an
> article to support?)
> * Haliburton - 13,000 desktops switching in 2005
> (http://www.cio.com/archive/031503/opensource.html)
> * Ford - I swear I heard Ford was considering the switch on Slashdot.
> * Largo, FL
> * ?
Well, not sure what this might be worth, but our college is switching to
an all Linux Computer Center for Fall of 2004. Moreover, almost all of
the systems that students have access to (Finicial Aid, Library, etc)
have already been switched to Linux. Again, not sure if this would sway
anyone over, but it is an example of how HS students will run into Linux
as early as college.

Is anyone actually writing this down? A wiki perhaps?

--
Calvin Park
Assistant for Linux Systems

web: www.davisny.edu