[K12OSN] loading modules in lts.conf

jam at mcquil.com jam at mcquil.com
Thu Jun 3 20:55:21 UTC 2004

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Huck wrote:

> if I need a specific video or sound module loaded for example
>
> via82cxxx_audio.o
>
> is the only thing I need to do is put the following line in the lts.conf
> file ?
>
> SMODULE_01 = via82cxxx_audio.o

Leave off the '.o'.

Actually, there are 2 ways to do it.

1)  Just the module name, with no suffix.  For
    example:

        SMODULE_01 = via82cxxx_audio

    That will use modprobe to load it, which will also load
    any other modules that are dependencies.

2)  Use the full pathname of the module, including the suffix.
    Example:

        SMODULE_01 =
/lib/modules/2.4.24-ltsp-4/kernel/drivers/sound/via82cxx_audio.o

    That will use insmod, instead of modprobe, and you will need
    to load the dependencies yourself with additional SMODULE_xx
    entries.  Actually, the dependencies will need to come BEFORE
    the module you want to load.

Hope that helps,

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org