[K12OSN] 853 unread messages...

Caleb Wagnon cwagnon at redbugmail.k12.ar.us
Wed Jun 9 01:08:41 UTC 2004

Shawn Powers said:
> Yes -- I meant in addition to the wiki.  Something like
> http://www.phpbb.com/ so there could be some interactive communication.

Funny you guys should bring this up. We have s State of Arkansas K12 listserv
and recently we've put phpbb on a server and have been using it as well. The
good thing about forum style is you can go through and just participate in the
topics you want. With phpbb you can even do things like have it email you when
a topic your interested in has been posted to.

The problems however...seems to be that the listserv system and the forum
system both have their highpoints. Some people prefer the listserv...some
prefer the forums. Then you end up splitting the crowd and both styles start
to suffer a little. What I think would be cool...is if there was a way to get
both the listserv and the forum style to share a database. That way all users
would have a choice of forum style or listserv and all users would be
contributing back into one large community.

Am I making any sense?
--
Caleb Wagnon
Technology Coordinator