[K12OSN] deleting a 1000 users

Glenn Arnold garnold at unrealsolutions.com
Wed Jun 9 18:18:29 UTC 2004

Thanks Les! For the tip on pwck.  I ran it and fixed several errors.
Here is the output from terminal.  Now I have a couple of questions.
Like the user adm directory /var/adm does not exist shouldn't these
directories all ready exist?  I have some teachers who help me create
accounts on the server with Webmin and some times they create the
accounts with Capital letters.  Should all user accounts be in lower
case letters?  I know the accounts work even though pwck gives errors.

Thanks
-Glenn

user adm: directory /var/adm does not exist
user news: directory /etc/news does not exist
user uucp: directory /var/spool/uucp does not exist
user gopher: directory /var/gopher does not exist
user ftp: directory /var/ftp does not exist
user pcap: directory /var/arpwatch does not exist
user unrealxp01$: directory /ev/null does not exist
user hs112pcxx$: directory /ev/null does not exist
user hs112pc50$: directory /ev/null does not exist
user hs112pc08$: directory /ev/null does not exist
invalid user name 'SMcCann'
user rmaleta: directory /home/rmaleta does not exist
invalid user name 'Administrator'
invalid user name 'DMCKEE'
user zemzem: directory /home/zemzem does not exist
invalid user name 'RMURPHY'
pwck: no changes

My