[K12OSN] Server Spec Question

Eric Feldhusen efeldhusen at chartermi.net
Wed Jun 9 18:48:13 UTC 2004

I'd recommend those Ultra 320 drives are 15k rpm drives. I haven't used
them on ltsp servers, but I've seen them in use and there's a noticeable
difference.

I'd also go with gigabit ethernet for the connection from the servers to
your network.

Another suggestion that I've got in use at the moment is to use the
second ethernet port of all my servers to plug into a seperate switch on
private subnet, and I do all my nfs shares of my /home over this space.
  That way, the communication between the ltsp server and the file
server doesn't travel on the same port as the ltsp client traffic.  At
the moment, this setup isn't loaded up enough now that it'll matter,
but... maybe down the road, I'll have a little headroom to grow.

The rest of your questions, I'm not sure, so I won't lead you down the
wrong path, but keep posting to the list, because I'm very interested.

--
Eric Feldhusen
Network Administrator for Adams, Chassell,
emailto:eric at remc1.k12.mi.us