[K12OSN] samba 3 database corruption

Glenn Arnold garnold at unrealsolutions.com
Thu Jun 10 18:18:56 UTC 2004

Hi all!,

Thanks for your help on deleting the 1000 users.  Now I have a problem
adding Windows XP to my Samba 3.0.4 domain that I use in my production
network.  I can add W2K machines all day long with no problems.  My XP
machine has the XP registry patch turning off the requirestrongkey=0 and
requiresignorseal=0.  What is really weird is I can add this XP machine
to my imaging server which is Samba 3.0.4 Pdc which is in a different
domain and the XP computer adds to the domain with no problems.
Everything works fine.  I was wondering is there utility to check tdb
dabases make sure they are consistent or utility to check the smbpasswd
file like pwck for passwd?

Thanks
-Glenn