[K12OSN] package request: msttcorefonts

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin at snet.net
Fri Jun 11 10:07:02 UTC 2004

Eric Harrison wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Les Mikesell wrote:
>

>>In the next release could the clever "get.package" method be
>>used to allow installing the fonts Microsoft once released
>>using the technique at: http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/?
>>(It's basically a .spec file that builds your own RPM by
>>getting the fonts in the .exe file that can be redistributed
>>and extracting them locally).  I've noticed some web sites look
>>a lot better with these installed.
>

> Yeah, that would be easy to do. Perhaps I should say it *was*
> easy to do, I already build a K12LTSP 4.1 version to test it out.
>
> I'll try to get K12LTSP 3.1 & 4.0 packages built tonight, time
> permitting.
>
> -Eric

Would doing this make those fonts available to the Gimp?  I have
difficulty installing new fonts for Gimp, although I have hundreds of
groovy fonts working in OOo, KWord, Abi, et al.  I would like those
groovy fonts available for the Gimp, but when I tried to make it so,
before, I somehow hosed the fontserver and had to undo my work, if you
all recall.  I had followed directions on an aged howto I found.

tony

--
Anthony Baldwin
http://www.School-Library.net