[K12OSN] ReiserFS vs ext3 ?

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Fri Jun 11 15:00:24 UTC 2004

There was an article on this topic
http://linuxgazette.net/102/piszcz.html a month or so ago that gave a
side-by-side comparison
under a variety of "stress tests" on ext2, ext3, reiser, XFS and
JFS...and the results
really were shocking as ext2 actually outperformed both reiser and ext3
in 1 or 2 of the tests.  Most of the
other "winning results" were split between ext3 and reiser, depending on
what specificially was being done,
reading small vs. large chunks of data, moving data from 1 location to
another, deleting data, etc...

--Huck